Easy to use:
Biodiesel can be used in existing engines, vehicles and infrastructure with practically no changes. Biodiesel can be pumped, stored and burned just like petroleum diesel fuel, and can be used pure, or in blends with petroleum diesel fuel in any proportion. Power and fuel economy using biodiesel is practically identical to petroleum diesel fuel, and year round operation can be achieved by blending with diesel fuel.
Power & Performance:
The degree to which fuel provides proper lubrication is its lubricity. Low lubricity petroleum diesel fuel can cause premature failure of injection system components and decreased performance. Biodiesel provides excellent lubricity to the fuel injection system.
Emissions & Greenhouse Gas Reduction:
Biodiesel provides significantly reduced emissions of carbon monoxide, particulate matter, unburned hydrocarbons, and sulfates compared to petroleum diesel fuel. Additionally, biodiesel reduces emissions of carcinogenic compounds by as much as 85% compared with petrodiesel. When blended with petroleum diesel fuel, these emissions reductions are generally directly proportional to the amount of biodiesel in the blend.
- Easy To Use: No vehicle modifications or special fueling equipment — just pump and go.
- Power, Performance and EconomyProven performance and economy make biodiesel a renewable winner.
- Emissions & Greenhouse Gas ReductionWith lower exhaust emissions biodiesel is helping to reduce pollution and improve health. Lower CO2 emissions help reduce the impacts of global warming.
- Energy Balance & SecurityBiodiesel production and use at home, biodiesel helps reduce the need for foreign oil.
- Toxicity, Biodegradability, Safety & RecyclingLess toxic than table salt, biodiesel has minimal environmental impact. With a high flash point, biodiesel is safer to handle and store than petroleum diesel. When made from used oils and fats, biodiesel helps ensure proper recycling of former waste products.
- Economic Development Biodiesel helps communities by keeping energy dollars at home.
Bio-diesel is the most valuable form of renewable energy that can be used directly in any existing, unmodified diesel engine.
Biodiesel in Environment Concern:
Biodiesel fuel burns up to 75% cleaner than diesel fuel made from fossil fuels. Bio diesel substantially reduces unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and particulate matter in exhaust fumes. Sulphur dioxide emissions are 100% eliminated (bio diesel contains no sulphur). This alternative fuel is plant-based and adds absolutely no CO2 to the atmosphere.
Biofuel exhaust is not offensive and doesn't cause eye irritation. Vehicles do not spew out vile black fumes/particulates. In fact if you make your fuel from used cooking oil it may even smell of chips. Biodiesel is environmentally friendly: it is renewable, "more biodegradable than sugar and less toxic than table salt" (US National Biodiesel Board).
Biodiesel was the first renewable fuel to successfully complete the EPA-required Health Effects esting under the Clean Air Act. Mutagenicity studies show that biofuel dramatically reduces potential risks of cancer and birth defects.
Biodiesel helps preserve natural resources. For every unit of energy needed to produce biodiesel, 3.24 units of energy are gained - nearly four times more than diesel.
We should increase our development of alternative fuels,
taking advantage of renewable resources, like using corn and sugar to produce ethanol
or soybeans to produce biodiesel.
Hindustan Biodiesel is a renewable energy company that offers a variety of products and services to biodiesel fuel producers.